Thursday, August 9, 2018

Brocade ICX 6610 10G SFP issue

Hi networking,

I need some help figuring out why I can't get my 10g fiber connections to come up. Some background:

I recently did a 10g fiber install between my mdf and idf, the fiber installers tested the connections and were getting near 10g speeds. I have Brocade switches and am specifically trying to connect a Brocade ICX 6610 to a Brocade ICX 6450, these are both 48p models. Here is what I have done so far to troubleshoot:

  1. Purchased the required 10G Brocade licenses and applied them to both switches. I then rebooted these switches to make sure the licenses were applied.
  2. Tried to use multiple SFP's to rule out a module issue. I confirmed that both switches are able to see the SFP's and have thus far been able to see all of the modules I've tried. I have used:
    1. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079TGFVN8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HOBLREU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    3. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CSC3TQ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    4. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072FVV4CM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    5. All of these SFP's match what the fiber installers actually installed and this is confirmed on my purchase order form.
  3. I replaced the Fiber jumpers going to both switches.
  4. I tried flipping the Fiber jumper connections to see if they were crosses. Again I did this on both switches and only one side at a time.
  5. I configured the ports for the correct speed using speed-duplex 10G full and confirmed this on both switches. I also issued the enable command.
  6. I added the ports to the appropriate VLANS to match the current 1G ports they will be taking the place of.

Currently, the 6450 shows the port state as up, however, the 6610 is still down and shows a state of BLOCKING. I tried to do some STP troubleshooting that I read on some forums because that was the only lead I could find regarding this issue and the blocking port state. I rebooted the switch again to undo those changes and did not save the running-config. I then reissued the commands mentioned above.

I am at a loss for what the problem is and I am having difficulty finding much information about Brocade. I do not have support on these switches, but would be willing to purchase it if all else fails. I will supply any outputs needed to solve this issue.

Please Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment