Friday, August 24, 2018

Bought LinkRunner AT 2000 to replace MicroScanner2 - but is the MicroScanner2 a better cable tester?

I recently bought a Fluke LinkRunner AT 2000 to replace a Fluke MicroScanner2. (It supports 802.1x, IPv6, and MAC forgery).

For cable testing - the cheaper MicroScanner2 actually seems slightly faster? (I use this to make sure the cables I've crimped are in the correct order, no shorts etc.) Is this intentional? Or am I doing something wrong here with the AT 2000?

The MicroScanner2 can give me information, even for cables that are plugged in to a switch at the other end. However, the AT 2000 doesn't report anything - it only lets me tone the cable. Is this by design? Or is there some way to get information out of the LinkRunner AT 2000 here?

Should I leave POE testing on by default on the LinkRunner AT 2000? The manual doesn't seem to mention any drawbacks, not sure if I should just always leave it on, in case the switch does support PoE.

Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how to upload cable tests to the Link-Live cloud service - the save button does nothing on the cable test screen.

Any other tips for somebody moving from a MicroScanner2 to a LinkRunner AT 2000?

Should I keep the MicroScanner2 or sell it?



No comments:

Post a Comment