Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Am I a dummy for quitting my networking job and becoming a full time student again?

12 years networking experience on my resume. Currently have CCNA, CCNA-Sec, and CCNP-Switch. I plan to keep this updated/progress while I'm going to school. I'm quitting my job and going back to school to become a full time student to complete my Bachelors degree. I anticipate 3 years of school, still trying to figure out which credits will transfer.

Part of the reason for this is to play a college sport that I love, part of it is I really should finish the degree. Bills will be covered since I am a Veteran and have GI bill money. The question is, how is it going to look on my resume when I haven't worked in the field in 3 years potentially because I was a full time student?

Anyone have experience in this? My perspective is it shouldn't be too big of an issue, but I'm open to criticism.



No comments:

Post a Comment