Saturday, August 25, 2018

2nd SMB design

Currently designing a network topology for a new client. As usual, I'm assign most SMB customers, with the only catch of, performance over cost. They require the fastest of fast networks (I don't know exactly why) for about 54 wired users, 1 physical; 4 virtual servers and 100+ wireless users.

My idea was using collapsed core design. Having 3 3650s 48P access switches all stacked while connected via etherchannel to a 4500x 12U 10P SFP+ switch acting as the core. So I'll have 6 10G connections to the core switch via an etherchannel using round robin and RPVST spanning 7 vlans inclusive of management, camera, IP Phone, SQL server, WinServ and POS terminals both mobile and registers.

Is this a good design? Should I opt for a Nexus 3000 (3524P) series for my L3 IVR? Or is the 4500x good enough for IVR?

Have a great weekend! Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment