Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Wired and Wireless upload speed differences

Hi,

At work, I've noticed quite a significant difference between our wired and wireless upload speeds. Wired, we're getting around 5-8 Mpbs and on wireless it's around 22-25 Mbps.

This seems wrong to me.

So I started by getting some benchmark speeds then, I disconnected our computer, VOIP and guest network cables from the router, leaving only the input line from our ISP and we're getting the same speeds.

I've swapped out the input line cable in case that was faulty, disabled VLANs and played around with router settings, none of which seem to have made any difference.

I'm not massively experienced in the networking world, I'm just looking for some advice whether this kind of behaviour is normal and if not, how to proceed with problem solving in this case.



No comments:

Post a Comment