Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Will doing advanced cisco certifications (CCNP,etc) be worth 4 years down the line?

I am a CCNA R&S certified network engineer with 5+ years experience. I am at present studying for CCNP certification & plan to also do another cisco certification in an associated stream after that. I have been hearing that networking industry is undergoing massive fundamental changes and changes will be even more pronounced in coming years. I have been hearing how SDN, automation, cloud based services, etc may probably make current cisco router, switches based implementation model less relevant & may reduce the number of required network engineers as well. I have to spend tremendous amount of time and money to complete CCNP & other cisco certifications. So will the effort i am putting to complete CCNP now be worth even after 4-5 years or will i be doing myself a favour by trying to certify myself in one of the emerging fields like AWS, etc?



No comments:

Post a Comment