Thursday, July 5, 2018

VPLS Issue

Hey all,

Was looking for advice on an issue I am experiencing at work and can't wrap my head around it.

Have 3 sites connected via VPLS. Site 1 is 100Mbps, Site 2 is 100Mbps, and Site 3 is 50Mbps.

Site 1 to Site 2 gets expected speeds when transferring files or using Jperf to test speed.

Site 1 to Site 3 gets expected speeds when transferring files or using Jperf to test speed.

Site 2/3 to Site 1 however gets stuck at 10Mbps. This made me think Site 2/3 had some sort of upload QOS. Provider said it was layer 2 and they don't do any QOS at that level (makes sense) because they just set the connection speed.

Odd thing is that if I test with multiple streams in Jperf (10 or so) I can get close to that 100Mbps on the pipe. We also see this with our site to site backup software that is using multiple streams. Site 2 to Site 3, and vice versa, we are not getting stuck at that 10Mbps per connection. Is there anything on my end that could be limited each TCP connection to only 10 Mbps at site 2 and 3 that I'm not thinking of?

VPLS provider is checking links but said they haven't found anything yet. I find it odd that site 1 to site 2/3 is perfectly fine but site 2/3 to site 1 is limiting each "connection" to 10Mbps.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment