Saturday, July 28, 2018

RV Network Questions

Good morning all. First - I am a complete novice when it comes to networking. I am slowly building my network at my home with Unifi gear and am on a steep learning curve there.

This question, however, is about creating a network in my trailer. Let me explain what I am looking for:

I would like to create a network that can be utilized for linking devices together without actually having Internet access. If I download some movies from Netflix/vudu/amazon on my phone - I would like to be able to cast them onto my TV utilizing a Apple TV. I could additionally use that network for wireless speakers if needed (Heos).

Additionally, if the campground has decent wifi (which most wont) - I could then use my network to help facilitate the traffic on my devices.

I am open to whatever you have. IF you happen to talk over my head (which wont be hard) - I may follow up with a question. If it is a silly question, please understand that I am learning! I want to expand my knowledge of networking as it will increase my knowledge here at the house.

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment