Thursday, July 12, 2018

Restaurant Network Upgrade X-POST from r/sysadmin

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/8yewcy/upgrade_network_for_restaurant/

I need some advice when it comes to which brand I should go with. I am trying to put together a new network for a restaurant. Right now they are working on an ASUS router with DD-WRT and crappy unmanaged switches scattered all over the place. They also want to be able to have WiFi with an employee side and a public side.

I know I will need a new 24 port switch (probably layer 3 as I will need to have VLANS/Inter-Vlan Routing), at least 2 access points, and maybe a new router/firewall device. My client wants a good/better/best proposal.

My question for all of you is which brands do you think I should propose. I am considering Cisco as I am pretty familiar with the Console CLI and also Juniper, Ubiquiti, and HP/Aruba.

EDIT: Their connection is Cox Business Cable.

Please shower me with your knowledge and expertise.



No comments:

Post a Comment