Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Remote Network Bridge

Say I have a linux server (or router) with a /28 Public IP block at a data center and I only need one of those IPs for the machine itself. Then I want to bridge those extra IPs back to a remote server/router (maybe over a VPN or a tunnel?) and put them onto a network so that the remote location can use those IP addresses off a switch. They would Route back through to the datacenter and out to the internet. It would be necessary that the servers at the remote location don't realize they are far away (they are configured with the public IP directly) ... other than the main server/router they route though.

At the data center, I can put in any equipment. Any suggestions on where to start? I looked at SoftEther VPN, seems possible?

Note: I tried using a Site-to-Site VPN with an EdgeRouter, but that requires different subnets. They also make a GRE Tunnel, but it seems like it's setup for NAT vs Using a public IP Space.

Simple Diagram: https://imgur.com/1eEQ0B0



No comments:

Post a Comment