Thursday, July 26, 2018

Recommendations for a solid gateway router with no VoIP challenges for use at a datacenter colo?

Posting the following for a friend since the automod squash'd his new account post, thanks guys!:


I'm setting up a 4-host hyperconverged hypervisor platform and I need a solid gateway router for use at a datacenter colo. I currently have an ASA5540 and it's old and cumbersome and wayyy past it's shelf life, makes it difficult to do things. Planning on running OpenShift Origin or another k8s variant on the stack, as well as some telecom VMs that need solid SIP+RTP [no ALG nonsense], need some traffic-shaping.

I have 2 pairs of redundant 3750s [one for storage network, one for management and world-traffic]. I'm used to the ASA->redundant 3750->bonded eth setups.

I've been directed towards the UbiquitiEdgeMAX 8 series, also Cisco Meraki MX84. Any recommendations in the <$1000 budget range? Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment