Tuesday, July 3, 2018

(Rant?) Someone toucha my switches

So I finally decide to take some time off work for the first time in the year that I've been here. My vacation is going great until I decide to check in on the ticket queue, my mistake.

30 devices offline - last check in time ~9:30am. (Campus Safety Devices)

So I think to myself, maybe the power has gone at in this particular closet... Log into the switch, nothing at of the obvious. Check the interfaces, which I'm glad I named for these devices. All the interfaces associated with those devices are back on the default vlan. So I'm thinking to myself, "Somebody toucha my spaghet1"....

Check the vlan associated with those devices, it's non-existent. Glad I had a backup of the config, but I hand jammed the vlan back in and tweaked some other settings in the process.

Long Story Short - Don't let people toucha your switch configs

1http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/somebody-toucha-my-spaghet



No comments:

Post a Comment