Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Proper way to connect two buildings to LAN

Hello there, a small company I work for has a Cat5e CMR solid conductor cable outside which connects the two buildings together so they're on the same LAN. The cable is completely exposed to the harsh elements outside, the sheathing has cracked open in multiple areas and water has most likely slipped through. I'd like to prevent a future disaster. My question is, how do I properly connect the two buildings using a UTP cable? Fiber is too expensive for this company and they don't have room for a fiber patch panel. I'd like to mention that the cable is running overhead on the flat roof. Would it be as simple as running conduit on the roof and fishing a new ethernet cable through? Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment