Thursday, July 12, 2018

Project Management Guidance For a New Delivery Engineer

Hey guys,

After spending a couple years in operations, I'm finally moving into a delivery engineering role. I'm extremely happy about this, and I'm confident that from a technical standpoint I'll have no issues with the transition. From a project & time management standpoint, however, I'm less confident. I've just gotten so used to day-to-day administration and fighting fires, and the idea of being 100% dedicated to projects still seems somewhat alien.

What sort of advice would you offer, from a project/time management perspective to someone like me? Are there any specific tools or resources I should try to make use of? Any specific processes/methodologies I should attempt to follow? I don't really need technical advice as much as I need "here's how you should best go about using your technical skills to deliver projects"-advice.



No comments:

Post a Comment