Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Port security blocks HP laptop?

System admin here running into a strange network issue, hoping for an idea.

Our office has 4 Cisco switches stacked.

My MacBook Pro connects to the wall port beside my desk to the patch panel to the switch stack on port x. My device has internet access without issue, and I have 3 Windows VMs running on it which also connect to the internet successfully. These devices successfully receive ping responses from the gateway.

An HP 840 G4 connected to the same wall port beside my desk cannot ping the gateway nor access the gateway.

All of the above mentioned devices get DHCP addresses handed out in expected scope with the same gateway address.

Seems to me that the issue points to some type of switch port setting but it's outside my realm of knowledge and experience - any thoughts on what could be causing this?



No comments:

Post a Comment