Wednesday, July 11, 2018

ISP Transition Routing questions

We are switching our ISP and ran into an issue I'm drawing a blank on.

Currently our ISP uses a /30 to route from their gateway to our. We then NAT two separate /28 networks that our being sent our way.

Our new ISP gave us a /29 with their gateway being the first host in the range. This is being changed to a /27, but I'm still waiting for everything to be approved.

If their gateway is the first IP of the range and I set my gateway as the second IP in the range, how would I configure my firewall to NAT the last 4 IPs in the range to internal hosts?

Some routing information we currently have:

  • Gateway/30 direct connected, eth0
  • 0.0.0.0/0 via ISP /30 gateway , eth0
  • 10.0.0.0/16 direct connected, eth1
  • First/28 via 0.0.0.0, eth1
  • Second/28 via 0.0.0.0, eth1
  • Various other VLAN routes

We are using a Checkpoint firewall at the moment, but I do have a new Barracuda F380 I will be putting in place for the new circuit. I don't want to change the gateway device, but 1 year renewal for Checkpoint bought us the F380 and like 5 years support.

Thanks for any help.



No comments:

Post a Comment