Thursday, July 26, 2018

Is SonicWALL stil la worthy competitor?

First off, I don't mean to offend any sonicwall lovers out there :).

Reason I'm asking is I have a smaller client looking to replace their firewall. Currently they have a very old TZ-205 I think. It's got no warranty or support.

I'm used to dealing with the likes of Palo Alto and Meraki. I haven't dealt with sonicwall a lot in the past several years, but they seem to be having a rough go the past 5 years... or am I just disillusion?

The client is small, only about 4-5 seats in the office. I could go Meraki MX64, but I'm not a fan of the Meraki licensing model. I could go with a PA-220, but that price might shock them. Looking at SonicWALL's offerings, they have a TZ400 and that's about $800. I'm also unsure of what their licensing landscape looks like these days.

Of course, I'm always open to alternatives if anyone has any great ideas. I would like them to have some level of application aware firewall capability and they must have client-VPN.



No comments:

Post a Comment