Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Huawei switch login fail

Hey /r/networking,

I'm having an issue with one of our Huawei switches and since our warranty expired last month (typical) I don't realy know where else to go. You are my last ray of hope. Side note: I can use CLI but am not very comfortable doing it.

So here is what's going on:

All of out Huawei switches have the same basic configuration with web access. One of them (S6700-24-EL) refuses to allow logging into it via https service. I did as much debuging and digging as I could (given how abysmal I am at CLI) and here are my findings:

Web login page loads as expected. Provided with WRONG user/password it also behaves normally (wrong password pop-up). Given correct credentials the website does... nothing. Hit Enter: nothing. Press GO icon: nothing.

So I decided to plug in console cable and see what's going on. Logged in just fine and started digging. I couldn't find any miss configuration (remember I'm not good at command line) but I did however notice an interesting thing.

While logged into the console the switch spits out information about failed http login attempts. This is normal. On correct login attempt however it should stay silent (pic). Instead it spits out NETCONF login info (pic). It also logouts NETCONF session after ~10 seconds.

I tried digging in and finding NETCONF configuration but failed. Here is some (hopefully) relevant configuration I did find (pic).

Please forgive me for heavy censorship. I hope you understand the risk of putting your configuration on the inter webs.

At this point I'd like to thank you for your time even reading my post. I hope I can find that one angel that already had this problem and can help me out.

Best regards,

Rudelke



No comments:

Post a Comment