Thursday, July 26, 2018

HPE 5700 need help with basic port settings (Layer 2)

I have an HPE 5700 switch I need to configure for a SAN. I have the fans set right, SSH/Management, etc. I have left the default VLAN 1 alone and created vlan2 for production. None of the servers or my storage array can ping/talk with one another on vlan 2.

I need to setup flow control and a few more options which I have found the parameters for in my HPE manuals but I would like to just get basic connectivity going before I start flipping more switches. All of the ports that need to talk with one another look like this:

interface Ten-GigabitEthernet1/0/*

Port access VLAN 2

That's all I have so far, I know with Cisco you need to set the switchport mode but I don't see any commands like that in my documentation. I'm assuming I'm missing a parameter.



No comments:

Post a Comment