Thursday, July 12, 2018

EVE-NG & Cisco CSR 1000V High CPU Usage

I had my guys setup a Dell R730 server today to run EVE-NG so that I could lab out the config of a new building, connectivity between sites, etc. before the actual hardware showed up.

The only image I'm using at the moment is the CSR 1000V 16.6.4.

When I run a "show process cpu" inside the CSR I see a CPU usage of 0% when they're idle.

If I run top on the host itself, I'm seeing that each CSR is burning 100% of a CPU core.

https://imgur.com/0mZmLGd

This isn't really a major concern since the box has more cores than I need CSRs, but I'm also seeing really irregular performance when using the CLI in a CSR or passing traffic through them.

Is this normal? If not, anyone know what might be setup incorrectly?



No comments:

Post a Comment