Friday, July 27, 2018

Configuring a 10Gb switch via LAG to 1Gb switch

hello. Our business has a Netgear XS716T 10Gb switch and a Ubiquiti 150W PoE 1Gb switch. I need to connect 4 ports via LAG to each for the CEO. On the GUI for the XS716T there (3) options via the documentation: 100Mb, 10Gb, Auto. I think the documentation could be missing the 1Gb option (you have to manually type it in on the GUI, not select the speed from a dropdown)....but it's definitely not in there.
I know I can only link similar speed ports via LAG so I need to manually enter 1Gb for the Netgear side.
Is it possible that I can keep it on Auto even when configuring them as part of a LAG? it would sense the fastest speed on the other side is set to 1Gb??? The lack of documentation about 1Gb manual setting is making me cautious. Just wondering if ANY manufacturer can be set to Auto for such purposes or does it ALWAYS have to be inputted manually.
i appreciate any help. i just know my way around to be dangerous.



No comments:

Post a Comment