Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Cisco Optimized Roaming Quirk/Question

I'm going to preface this by saying I haven't yet tried it on another software version, but will be eventually.

Cisco 5508 WLC - 8.3.133.0 I'm using one 2702I and one 3802I for testing, both APs behave the same way. All testing is on 5ghz only.

With Optimized roaming enabled, and coverage gap detection set at -60db, the controller properly rejects associations at RSSIs below -60db.

However, it will not dissociate clients as it should. There is no difference in dissociation signal strength with Optimized roaming enabled or disabled.

On the WLC console, I can see that it is not sending dissociates until approx -76db when I understand it should at a much stronger signal strength and when it does that, it's only when there's another AP to roam to. If I go into the void, I will stay associated until about -90db before the controller drops it.

Has anyone experience with cisco optimized roaming that has run across this or similar?



No comments:

Post a Comment