Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Cisco ASA HA cluster to single Fortigate?

Hey folks, have an interesting problem here...

Need to find a way to connect a Cisco ASA pair (in HA mode) to a single Fortigate? I was thinking 2 cables 1 from each Cisco going into a LACP / LAG on the Fortigate... This way if one Cisco does failover, I keep getting my connection. Now I understand having a switch in between the 'defacto' way to do this... But there has got to be a way to do this without using an entire extra switch.

Am I missing something, how is this not possible with enterprise firewall solutions? Shouldn't this just be a LACP group of 2 ports on the Fortigate, plug each cable into the 2 ports.... Test failover ability?

Why you ask? Need to do log shipping from the Cisco ASA's through the Fortigate. Different departments... Internal policy is that all dept partner connections will go through firewalls. High security.

Any hints or tips?

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment