Friday, July 20, 2018

Cisco ASA 5520 Confi

I recently picked up a Cisco ASA 5520 to replace a Cisco RV320. Now I am not much of a routing or Firewall expert, not even close, but every project I have worked over the years has had the Cisco ASA involved, just not config'd by me. I was able to get the CLI up and running and engage the ADSM. I was able to update the Username and password and get logged into the ASA via the ADSM. However that is about as much success as I have been able to have. I have a pretty complex network with four VLANs: Server, Wired Client, Wireless Client, and DMZ. I also have a static IP address through my internet provider. I started off by configuring the interfaces. 0/0 was configured with my Static IP. I then created the for VLANs off the 0/1 interface. So now I have: 0/1.1 (192.168.79.X) , 0/1.2 192.168.80.X) , 0/1.3 (192.168.1.X) , and 0/1.4 (192.168.0.x). Each has been configured with an IP address from its respective subnet. Next I created a Static Route which pointed 0.0.0.0 to the gateway IP address for my internet provider. I guess this would be a good time to mention that my modem is in bridge mode. Next I setup the DHCP Relay's for each of the VLANs. At this point I figured I would start seeing my clients getting IP address from the DHCP Servers in the Server VLAN however they are not. The servers in the Server VLAN are getting IP address as they should since they are on the same Subnet. I know I am missing a step somewhere. I though it maybe creating the NAT objects but when I opened the NAT Rules they were all already there for me.

Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment