Wednesday, July 4, 2018

checkpoint firewall basics adding/deleting interfaces etc

Our basic setup is 2x border gws and a management box. From what I understand the mgmt box is where smart dashboard runs. The guy managing all this got abruptly laid off and our backup guy isn't exactly that. So now I inherited a cp firewall and I need some general help with the basics. I'm trying to delete an interface and adding a static route and it's not taking. Do I do commit and reboot? Does that mean you have to do an outage every time you make changes?

Also, I know there's an abundance of text on the internet about cp but mostly it's about fresh installs and/or if everything is as it's suppose to be. I need to do a sanity check and two important things I'm missing are ssh and web access (talk about disgruntled cp guy). I have a monitor and a kb attached to the box itself (cli). Any help is appreciated



No comments:

Post a Comment