Saturday, July 28, 2018

Cheap 48p + 2SFP+ for ISCSI?

I'm currently using TL SG2452 to host virtual 12TB hdd via ISCSI program called ccboot for 30 clients.

and apparently it's not good enough, clients experiencing long loading times, freezing, etc on large sized games.

I've been thinking to go 10G (the current server is using quad nic) but the price difference is not reasonable yet in my country,

So i'm gonna try 10g uplink, i heard switches with high buffer size would help alot, but their price is insane.

I've been having pretty positive experience on Linksys LGS552 (2*8 Mb buffer), but it's for lower spec'ed clients.

The clients on LGS552 doesn't access large files all the time, unlike the one on TL SG2452

So i'm not sure if it'll do the job,

Any recommendations for cheaper switch with high buffer?

Also what is the consensus for buffer needs for ISCSI ? I read high buffer could be a bad thing too

Currently looking at arista / cisco,

arista has 768 buffer

Dell Force10 s60 interests me as well (1.25GB buffer), but i read some people having trouble configuring it



No comments:

Post a Comment