Thursday, July 5, 2018

Can someone assist me with writing a bat file

This is my first time doing this, but based on suggestions on an post I had submitted earlier, I am trying to write a bat script. I am trying to make it so that I can apply changes to multiple switches with one click, such as adding a new user to multiple switches. The program I am using is PuTTY.

So far I have it so that by clicking the bat file, I am logged in...

putty.exe -ssh username@172.16.13.59 -pw PAssword123!@#

and that is working fine. When I click it, I am logged into the switch.

So I was thinking I would just add an "en" and then "conf t" after this then continue with whatever commands I needed to add the user, but I then got an error. I already have a serpate script written up of what needs to go into the cisco switch. Normally I would just log into a switch and copy that into the cisco terminal. Can someone point me in the direction of how I need to add the cisco script to this bat file so that when the bat file is clicked, it runs it on the switch?

Also, how can I set this up so that this can be applied to a range of switches, such as 172.16.13.50 - 172.16.13.90. That way, the config will be updated for all switches connected in that range with just one bat file.

TIA



No comments:

Post a Comment