Thursday, July 12, 2018

ASA intervlan routing question

Hi guys,

I need to configure an ASA 5510 and a 3560G which would be customer-managed (behind our edge router). The only thing I need to do is make the devices able to reach the Internet and the servers behind the switch are reachable from the Internet!
I got stuck at the point where I have the 3560G BEHIND the ASA and I can't ping from the switch anything but its default gateway. I haven't worked with ASAs before so I have a hard time understand the routing if there is any.

Configs

The ASA and the switch must be reachable from the servers behind the switch. Also, the servers must be reachable from the Internet.
Is it possible for the ASA to act like a switch? Like having an access port as uplink assigned to a single vlan? The IPs would be configured on the servers behind the switch.

Note: The ASA has only basic license (see config link)

Can you guys help/advise on this topic?

Thank you very much in advance! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment