Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Advice Wanted - Next cert to help progression

During college I studied Cisco: Routing and Switching as well as getting a BTEC Diploma in IT (worth 3 A levels) and achieved D*D*D* in that - straight after completing the course I joined my college's IT department where I've worked for the past 3-4 years (1st year 1st Line now 2nd Line Support). To further certify myself in IT instead of going to uni I went for the CompTIA A+ cert, studying it in my own time and which I have now finished this week. The great part of my current college workplace is that I've had access to all of the network be that SCCM, Cisco switches, Aruba Wifi and Citrix etc and all your normal tools i.e AD, DHCP, RDP etc and now looking at my next steps as i'm a little over comfortable in my job currently and don't want to regret spending too many years in one place to then not to have progressed far from my start point.

I'm interested in cloud technologies / MS Azure / virtualization / wifi but not sure what certifications to take next to have a better understanding whether or not its the right IT path for me. Looked at CCENT (would I skip as I've had an introduction with the CCNA R&S?), CCNA Cloud, VCP, CompTIA Network+ then CompTIA Cloud+, MCSA

So many choices >.< Any advice? Let me know your thoughts to help me form a well-informed conclusion on this predicament! :D

PS: Was going to name this post 'Advice Wanted: Cloud Engineer ' but i'd rather not let that sway ur opinions off the bat ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment