Wednesday, June 20, 2018

vPC peer-link and vlan allow vs allowing all vlan.

Hello,

I would like to get an opinion on how to configure trunk vlan on a vPC peer-link.

Cisco states:

"Always perform VLAN pruning on vPC peer-link with allowed list of vPC VLAN."

I guess this is for reasons of resource management. In my opinion, this adds unnecessary complexity though which could lead to errors. If you miss a VLAN in your allow list you may get inconsistencies and if you add the vlan you might fall into the common trap of missing the "add" keyword and thus killing the link.

I would rather like to only maintain the necessary VLANs on the switch and the allow all VLAN on the peer-link for ease and stability of configuration.

So my question: What are your experiences? Do you configure allowed vlans or do you allow all and have had no trouble with this in the past?



No comments:

Post a Comment