Friday, June 1, 2018

Using NAT for web server redirection w/ certificate?

So basically we have 1 external IP and a webserver running on that IP. There is also a certificate server that users must authenticate with (via a smartcarde) when connecting.

My question is, I'm trying to setup NAT so that we have another webserver that doesn't use the certificate server, it's just running apache tomcat -- so I'm kind of wondering, where does the certificate check take place, is it after the user enters in the external IP (or website name) or before it even gets there?

I'm trying to forward all requests on port 3295 to our other webserver that's on the internal network via our cisco firewall, I basically just configured it so requests to the external IP on port 3295 are sent to this internal webserver, and the other regular 443/80 requests are sent to the main webserver. Is this possible if I have one server that requires a certificate? when I enter www.websitename.com:3295 in IE it just times out.

thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment