Saturday, June 9, 2018

TL-SG105E driving me nuts!

My ISP delivers a data an TV connection on two different subnets. In order to get stuff working hardwired, I “split” the cables in two times four wires. This, however limits my data bandwidth to 100 Mbps. I therefore thought to buy two managed switches that support 802.1Q and bought TP-link TL-SG105E.

What I want to do is to setup two VLANs. On the modem side. Port 1 and 2 video, port 3 and 4 data, port 5 trunk. In my study port 1 video, port 2, 3 and 4 data and port 5 trunk.

I created two new vlans, number 2 and 3. I tried about a million combinations: vlans tagged and unstaffed, port 5 a member and not a member. Default vlan included etc. it just won’t work. Anyone good experience with these switches?

I could use a hint or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment