Friday, June 29, 2018

Setting up a virtual network using VirtualBox

Hello,

I am looking for advice on how to properly set up a virtual testing environment to practice with windows servers2016 in VirtualBox. I have limited experience with VirtualBox which consists of installing red hat linux for a class at school via bridged connection. In addition I have installed and messed around with kali on my own just for fun also bridged connection. However, the goal now is to set up a Windows environment with windows server2016 and two or 3 windows 10 workstations. I want them all to be able to connect to the same network in order to practice setting up GPO's and mainly just to get more familiar with the server. From the tutorials I have watched online it looks as if I am supposed to set Server2016 and the workstations up with a NAT connection, but I have not been able to get them to connect. Any advice would be much appreciated.

If it matters the local laptop I have VirtualBox installed on is using WiFi.



No comments:

Post a Comment