Monday, June 11, 2018

Low on IP, Windows Domain

I've been "given" a network on 10.0.0.0/24 with is low on IP. It was a small office before, now there is a forest with 3 domain controllers (my ip problem is on the main). What are my options?
I tough about to change it to 10.0.0.0/16 but I'm afraid of what it can do to the forest.

OTOH a superscope on DHCP seems simple (worked great on a quick lab setup) but I was not able to find it this question: on this scenario the router will be my IP Helper. In case some users try to transfer a few gigabit files at the same time, will the router be used (with will slow everyone down) or is the router only translating, and the transfer still goind from machine to machine, even on different subnets? (and in this scenario, an IP Helper is needed, right?)

Any other options?



No comments:

Post a Comment