Friday, June 22, 2018

Looking for trunking help on Mikrotik Router

Noob here.

I am trying to set up Ubiquiti WAPs for a small business. I have installed them and configured everything through the Unifi controller, but I would like to set up separate VLANs so that I can create a Guest Network, tag the VLAN, and have everyone that connects to the guest network not be able to see the office LAN. The APs are connected to 2 different interfaces on the Mikrotik router - 1 is directly connected to ether10, and the others are connected dumb switches that connect to different interfaces on the router.

I know that this is a noob question, but how would I go about trunking all of the Mikrotik ports to accept the un-tagged traffic that it is taking now, as well as traffic for a guest network (say, VLAN 2)? Can I keep the main office traffic un-tagged and only tag the guest network traffic? Would I have to configure this on each Mikrotik port individually? How would I get this guest VLAN connected to the internet?

Thank you in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment