Monday, June 4, 2018

Juniper SRX DNS idle timeouts

Hi all,

I'm trying to get to the bottom of some interesting traffic that I'm seeing when troubleshooting some JBOSS application servers issues in my network. Going through traffic logs I can see a number of different session timing out for various reasons but one of the interesting ones are DNS lookups.

Essentially, I can see from the logs that DNS lookups are all being closed with a reason of 'idle timeout' with 1 packet sent and received and an elapsed time of 2 to 5 seconds however, whats confusing me is that DNS idle timeout values on Junipers is 60 seconds.

I think that this is fine and just the way that the Juniper logs a closed UDP session but I can't find any evidence for this anywhere I look.

Has anyone come across this before or know if my presumption that this isn't an issue is correct?



No comments:

Post a Comment