Monday, June 25, 2018

I think I have the fastest RMA approval in history.

I had an issue with a Cisco 3750X. I submitted the TAC case, and got the confirmation email at 1:10 PM. At 1:18 PM, I received an email from the TAC engineer, asking for shipment details to send out a new switch.

Eight minutes. For them to approve an RMA. No asking me to upgrade firmware, no troubleshooting, nothing.

If you're curious, I think this is what made it go so quick:

000127: Jun 14 15:22:03.761 EDT: PSECURE: Assert failure: psecure_sb->info.num_addrs <= psecure_sb->max_addrs: ../switch/psecure/psecure_utils.c: 165: psecure_update_address_counts (c3750x-xxxxxxxxxxxx-2) 

(For reference, an "Assert" error message is a message put in by the software developer to error out in case something happens that should never happen. In this particular case, it includes the source code file, line number, and function name so the developers can go look at their code. This is beyond a normal bug!)


What was your fastest RMA approval?



No comments:

Post a Comment