Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Help on getting router to router communication with different subnets

Hey there everyone, I am trying to setup these computer racks as an expansion to the current racks for a business I am working with. I have Cisco RV325 routers and 4 computers I need to be able to get a DHCP IP from the router inside the rack. The DHCP IP should be the same for the machine that is connected to that Ethernet port. So should PC1 be connected to Port 1 it should get, and only get 192.168.1.101, and should that computer need to be replaced, the replacement computer will automatically get that same IP with not static IP configuration setting. We then need to be able to daisy chain these racks so that only one Ethernet cord needs to go to the master computer. Looking something like this:

Master Computer <- Expansion Rack 1 <- Expansion Rack 2 <- and so on.

The master computer needs to be able to communicate with every computer inside of this mini-network at any time. I have tried setting up VLANs for each port, enabling inter-VLAN communication, then plugging in the routers to each other via their LAN ports, I will be able to ping the local expansion rack computers but not anything beyond that rack. From what I am understanding what would work would be having a master router so it would look more like: Master Computer <- Master Router <- Expansion Rack 1 Expansion Rack 2 and so on.

So I am wondering if my first layout can/would work and if I just don’t have the correct settings, if I have to use the second layout what can I expect from that in terms of problems, and if there is frankly a simpler/easier way that I could do this. Thank you for the help in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment