Sunday, June 24, 2018

Cisco ISR or Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Pro

Hello,

Note: This is for my homelab | Current ISP plan is 300/300

As I'm upgrading from a 10/100 Cisco 1841, I'm in the search for a new router. I can't decide between a newer ISR or a Ubiquiti. The ubiquiti one is a lot cheaper then it would be for me to carry out a Cisco for over $XXXX.

I do prefer command line, but I am not shy of using the wonderful UI that Ubiquiti provides. As I might have future plans to upgrade to the APs that they provide.

I have a few friends (other SysAdmins) who are referring me to go Ubiquiti due it's ease in setup as well as future proof.

TLDR; Does anyone here have experience with either? Possibly give a bit of an insight on which might be better?

Much Appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment