Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Best Practice for Multiple VRFs over 1 VLAN

I can't seem to find a best practice for the above.

So for an example if I have a pseudowire from a service provider transferring VLAN2000 from site up to VLAN2000 on the NNI in the data centre I can't use VRF-lite to do 2+ VRFs because it requires a separate VLAN for each.

The ISP I used to work for did this via LDP speakers. We'd extend OSPF area 0 out to the customer site and let the onsite LDP router handle the 2 VRFs and the uplink would be routed using OSPF to the POP / BGP to route-reflectors.

I've mentioned this to some people and got funny looks (around effectively having our core at customer premises) which makes me think there must be a better way to do this but my Google-fu is lacking.



No comments:

Post a Comment