Friday, June 8, 2018

Aerohive AP131- Low bandwidth on mgt0 and eth0 (backhaul) interface

Hi, I'm just looking for any ideas on what I should look to debug an issue on Aerohive AP141 device.
Please share anything you think it might help me.

I have 11 AP141 connected to 1Gbps switch (same cabling, wall RJ45 and switch ports successfully tested with other devices, I got about 980Mbps bandwidth).

All 11 AP are "Portal" mode and have its eth0 interface in Backhaul operation mode.

Using iperf on the device to another device in LAN (or in wifi connection with a tx rate @230Mbps, 5Ghz, 40Mhz) I have always less than 100Mbps bandwidth. (0 users, no wireless interferences)

I tested iperf between AP devices and between AP device and iperf server(or client) in LAN. Both TCP and UDP.

Network interface is autosensing and it detect 1000Mbps on both switch and aerohive AP141 devices.

I did another test:

forcing the port to 100mbps full duplex (device and switch port), the bandwidth is about 10Mbps.

Monitoring the port traffic, the bandwith is the one reported by iperf, so no Iperf issues here.

This happens on all 11 devices.

Same issue in many different HiveOS version, now i'm running the latest golden: 6.5r9a.194750

Any clues?



No comments:

Post a Comment