Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tips on Network Engineer Interview

Been a while since i've posted anything on this subreddit.

I've applied for a Network Consulting Engineer Position and got an interview with a CCIE.... I failed my CCIE twice (second time i truly think i should have got my number and that the switches had a bug which wouldn't let me establish a trunk between my distro switches...) (mpls,vrf,redistribution,dmvpn,route-maps/route-leaks all where same as cisco wanted(utilizing the show commands) but couldn't do an end to end ping since my trunks were not up)

Just wanted some input... i'm currently a system architect and i would say I do a lot of high level things but never diving into the CLI in almost 2 years(production network).... last CLI touch i had was my CCIE studying/test like 8 months ago... my current position is mostly theory and implementation dealing with executives and engineers on way ahead and dicating major changes in the network(actual networking,data centers and security)...

I was wondering what i should do with my interview.... I can explain a lot of networking concepts but i'm truly (rusted)... Any advice?



No comments:

Post a Comment