Tuesday, May 15, 2018

TCP Port Security Best Practices

Hey guys,

I'm working on a pet project of mine, looking for some help determining my approach.

We have an app that was developed in-house for use with some of our remote locations. Currently we host application servers at each remote location which are then replicated to a central DB. I'm in the process of learning AWS more in-depth, and thought it would be a good opportunity to try and centralize/streamline this app a little bit.

My questions is with regards to port security: the app requires two TCP ports be open to allow it to transmit: I can change the ports, but two need to remain open. What is the best way for me to control/restrict traffic across these ports to only this application?

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment