Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Recommend me a new IPAM

I've been given a task to find a new IPAM (DDI?) solution. Today we use NetDot, which is more than OK, but lacks updates and development. We use LibreNMS for alerting and monitoring. We use some other tool for DCIM. We're a MSP with about 25 employees.

What we must have:

- IPAM functionality

- API

Good to have:

- vRealize integration

- Enterprise support

- DNS management/plugin

- Physical cable topology.

Nice to have:

- DHCP management

- Auto discover (an IPAM should be desired state. But auto discover arp/fdb would be nice)

Physical cabling topology is almost must have for me personally since I'm doing all the basic network support and need to map out fiber circuit and strands.

I have tested NetBox, which is really nice and seem to have good development, although they need to fix issues/20! phpIPAM also seem like a good alternative people here praise a lot. None of them have paid support though.

I've read some about EfficientIP which also has been praised in this subreddit, and doesn't have astronomical license costs as some of the others have?



No comments:

Post a Comment