Thursday, May 3, 2018

Question about Cisco L3 Switch to a router that handles the BGP

So looking at the following layout provided from Cisco:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/inter-vlan-routing/41860-howto-L3-intervlanrouting.pdf

I understand the switching aspect totally, I'm lacking what I need to do on the router interface. I run BGP internally with a MPLS network to my other sites and provider and in my router on a stick set ups I use a network statement for each subnet and then a sub interface on the lan port. For this type of layout it seems like all of those sub interfaces are just on the layer 3 switch and I have a separate subnet to the the switch and router. How do I advertise the subnets on the L3 switch in my router that connects back to the rest of the network so my other sites know how to get there? Do I make subinterfaces on the router on the same port as the switch uplink and just set them to .2? Or can I just redistribute static routes into bgp from the router to the switch? Guess I'm just looking for the industry standard method as I believe my bgp routing table is too large to only be on a switch.



No comments:

Post a Comment