Monday, May 28, 2018

Network Planning / feedback

Some of you may remember my post a few days ago where my boss wants a big flat network.

First, thanks to everyone to replied and gave advice. I think I've convinced him that we need to bring in an MSP/consultant on this. I'm also pretty sure the consultant will agree that a big, flat layer 2 network is a bad idea.

In anticipation of that - I'm trying to plan for two scenarios:

  1. One big /8
  2. A logically separated network w/ routers per site

I think my layout would work for both. I've never done any network design (without an engineer) and was looking for feedback as to how bad this layout would be in either scenario.

I realize none of you are obligated to even look at this - so I want to say I appreciate everyone here.

https://i.imgur.com/tsXgo8v.png



No comments:

Post a Comment