Friday, May 25, 2018

IOS XR 6.1.4 and SNMPv3 traps

Hi! Since I haven't found a possible solution for my problem I hope somebody from you guys can help me with this :)

I have an ASR 9k with IOS XR 6.1.4 running and need to send SNMPv3 traps(not informs) to a certain destination using a VRF. This are the commands I have used: "snmp-server vrf Management host 192.168.0.30 traps version 3 priv clear User2018"

What I can't understand is that the type of the notification is inform and not trap,here is the ouptput: "RP/0/RSP1/CPU0:ios(config-snmp-vrf)#do show snmp host Notification host: 192.168.0.30 udp-port: 162-Management type: inform user: User2018 security model: v3 priv"

Anyone experienced such an issue? What can I do to force the router to use traps instead of informs? SNMPv2c is working without problems.



1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem. Did you find a solution for this? BR

    ReplyDelete