Wednesday, May 2, 2018

How do I connect ISP router/modem to new Sonicwall router?

Please correct me if I’m wrong at all.

I want to basically turn off the WiFi on the ISP Arris Router/modem box and the bridge the connection from it to the new Sonicwall router so that the Sonicwall now handles all the traffic on the network. But as of right now this is how I think it suppose to be setup...

I am going to put the Arris in bridge mode so that the WiFi is disabled. Then I’m going to give it a set static IP address. Up doing so. I am going to run a Ethernet cable from the Arris to the WAN port on the Sonicwall so that the internet is handed off for the Sonicwall to control the traffic.

(I have a Ethernet cable from the LAN port on the Sonicwall router that is connected to a Cisco switch)

My main confusion if all that is correct is that upon setting up the Sonicwall. I am going to set it up as static as well. When I set it up. It asks for my subnet, dns, gateway. It also asks for a WAN address. I’m not sure if that is the useable gateway or if I should go to here, what is my ip to check my WAN ip address. Or I guess I can call the ISP to get it as well.

Once all that is setup. I should be able to connect and use the Sonicwall as the traffic controller. Correct?



No comments:

Post a Comment