Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Daisy chain Arris to Sonicwall issues & VoIP issues.

Currently the network is setup as do: Arris->Sonicwall->Cisco Switch->PC’s

I called Spectrum to make sure that the Arris router was in bridge mode so that when I did the setup on the Sonicwall router, it would do it via DHCP and pickup all the settings itself and then the Arris would send all the traffic to the Sonicwall and the Sonicwall would handle everything.

Well everything was running smooth and then I went into the settings of the Sonicwall and edited the LAN to WAN & WAN to LAN. I also edited the UDP timeouts and the ALG settings.

I followed this guide:

main MegaPath VoIP guide

I also found a more detailed step my stuff information page for Sonicwall VoIP settings.

But when I restarted the router. The Sonicwall still had a connection through the Cisco switch. It just didn’t have any internet at all.

So I called after work and the person said that whoever I talked to earlier today set up the Arris wrong and that it has a static IP address still and that my Sonicwall is just sending all my Cisco switch traffic through the Sonicwall and actually still being handled by the Arris.

So what do I do and also why do you guys think the internet access stopped after the input settings?

Should I call back to tomorrow and get the arris actually turned into a bridge mode so that all the network is actually handled by the Sonicwall and reset the Sonicwall and try the VoIP settings?

Or just get the Arris turned into a bridge mode and then try the phones again? Because maybe the settings I did are blocking connections to the internet since the Arris is actually handling the traffic right now?

Any ideas and comments will help. But my goal is to make the Arris bridge to the Sonicwall so that the Sonicwall is the traffic handler and that the settings in the Sonicwall actually allow the MegaPath VoIP work.



No comments:

Post a Comment