Thursday, May 3, 2018

Consumer vs enterprise for many device WLAN.

Preface: I am a newbie when it comes to enterprise networks and my background is more on the the layer 1 side of networking.

My work has tasked me with building a WLAN capable of gigabit+ data transfer to 50-75 mobile devices. I don't need security as all of the devices will be heavily restricted and the LAN will never connect to the open internet. The problem I am running into is figuring out if I would be better off with a few consumer-grade AC wifi routers or with an enterprise-grade router with WAPs to push data to devices. I just can't quite grasp the why enterprise systems tend to be pretty low in terms of bandwidth compared to consumer grade.

I am sorry if this breaks the rules but I couldn't quite find a better spot to ask. I have done research but there doesn't seem to be a ton on WLAN construction. Thanks for the help.



No comments:

Post a Comment